Sunday, May 4, 2008

MAD PROPS from a member of the historical episcopate!

This weekend at our annual synod assembly, the Lutheran bishop of SE Pennsylvania recognized the "Law & Gospel" YouTube video (see earlier post). She called it an example of proclaiming God's word in the language of the 21st century. I thought it would be appropriate to go ahead and put the event on YouTube, too. Look for me at the end! I'm not sure, but I think she lumped me in with St. Paul and Martin Luther (which I can only agree with insofar as both of them, like me, considered themselves to be real turds).



The original video has now been well received by our bishop, Lutheran theologian/historian Dr. Timothy Wengert, and was posted this afternoon by national speaker/author Kelly Fryer (who has written books about "reclaiming L, C & E words") on her website/blog.
I still enjoy watching it...you should watch it, too! Watch it...rate it...comment on it!! With your help, my kids can become the world's next meaningless internet celebrities.

Both videos are also embedded at our church website.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No matter how many times I see it, Mike introducing himself as "Disco George" still cracks me up.